“Internet based distance education”
The CRTS provides sound Theological training by means of internet based distance education. Material is supplied and student assignments are submitted via ordinary mail, email or online. It is preferred that degree students have a computer with access to internet. Some material like published books are supplied in printed format”.
For our vision and mission, see our Prospectus (1.1.1).
Registered and accredited
The Diploma was re-accredited in 2008 and the 3 year BTh Degree was accredited by CHE in 2009. Both qualifications have also been re-accredited for the 2014 to December 2018, cycle. This has now been extended to the end of 2020
For more on our registration and accreditation status refer to our Prospectus (1.2).
The CRTS exists to glorify God and extend His Kingdom rule in this world by serving the Church of Jesus Christ, firstly in South Africa, but then also in to the rest of Africa, to train and inspire Christian leaders from all strata of life to effectively reach the world with the Gospel and build up the Church.
We achieve this by:
- Uncompromisingly and authoritatively teaching Reformed and Evangelical theology through the versatility of our curricula.
- Developing and maintaining differentiated curricula that make provision for levels of education and life experience.
- Integrating all courses with life and ministry practice and the formation of a Reformed and Evangelical spirituality.
- Incorporating of congregation-based distance education with dynamic seminar-type training in the form of an excellent satellite model.
- The recruiting and directing of a faculty and staff that are committed to the Lordship of Jesus Christ, the calling of God for people from His Church, and a high standard of theological training.
- Supplying well-trained candidates for the ministry and church planters for the Body of Christ.